Pharmaceuticals Tariff Classification Guide
Based on CBP’s recent presentation to the industry, International Trade Today’s Pharmaceuticals Tariff Classification Guide details the classification of pharmaceuticals and other compounds recognized as drugs in Chapters 29 and 30 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule. This white paper also includes links to relevant CBP rulings, informed compliance documents and court cases, as well as the CBP’s preferred procedure for obtaining a ruling on a pharmaceutical compound from its binding rulings program.
Presented in detail by Harmonized Tariff Schedule chapter, the Pharmaceuticals Tariff Classification Guide provides clarification for manufacturers, importers and customs brokers working with the following products:
- First aid kits
- Glands and other human or animal substances
- Heterocyclic compounds (including aromatic pesticides and drugs)
- Hormones such as insulin or ephedrine
- Human and animal blood
- Medicated dressings (gauze, bandages, etc.)
- Pain relievers
- Pharmaceuticals in pure, bulk mixed, and dosage form
- Vaccines and micro-organism cultures for use in humans and animals
Order your FREE copy of the International Trade Today’s Pharmaceuticals Tariff Classification Guide today.